Friday, November 8, 2013

7 Habits of Happy Kids - 1st Grade Style

After hearing a lot about Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Happy Kids in the past year, I decided to give it a try. While there are school-wide curriculum resources through The Leader In Me website, I wasn't quite ready to purchase the whole curriculum. So I purchased two items that have enabled me to teach the content and found various other resources online that have reinforced my lessons. The students have really mastered the basic concepts of each habit. I used the book The 7 Habits of Happy Kids and I downloaded this awesome craftivity pack from Teacher's Pay Teachers. I did have to tweak some of the craftivities to simplify them for the sake of time and paper. But overall they have been a great reinforcement for what we've been learning.

Habit 1: Be Proactive



Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind



Habit 3: Put First Things First



Habit 4: Think Win-Win



Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then Be Understood



Habit 6: Synergize



Habit 7: Sharpen The Saw




There are tons of other resources for 7 Habits available via Teachers Pay Teachers and Pinterest. I've also been teaching this to my 4th grade students and will have some follow up posts about what I've been using to teach them.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked these crafts but I am unable to find them on Teachers Pay Teachers. Can you help me find these crafts that go along with the 7 Habits? Thansk

    ReplyDelete